The Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Know your Lore, and where to find it! (links and discussions on official CO Lore)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
@Mynameisnobody1

@Mynameisnobody1

Know your Lore, and where to find it! (links and discussions on official CO Lore) Empty
PostSubject: Know your Lore, and where to find it! (links and discussions on official CO Lore)   Know your Lore, and where to find it! (links and discussions on official CO Lore) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 8:08 am

Lore, we all have our own, we all encounter other's every time we go ic.

But what is the lore of the Champions universe, and the pen and paper game world setting the mmo is based upon? How much of what people may say is lore supported, actually is? This topic is here to answer these questions by providing links and Discussions about what official lore sources have to say on the races, factions, locations, supernatural elements and events within the CO universe.

Before I go any further, I feel I should clarify: This information is in no way provided with the intention of saying "this is how things must be about [insert some aspect of anything here]". My goal here is to provide information about the game we rp in to be used as the reader sees fit. Having said this, Lets Begin:

Time-Line for the CO universe: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2085471

'The Ban' and what it actually caused: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=242091

What exactly is UNTIL all about, anyway? This: http://championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/UNTIL

And last but certainly not least...
Magic, planes/realms, Supernatural beings origins, and what The Qliphoth actually is: http://www.championsonlineroleplayers.shivtr.com/forum_threads/278856

My next post will be on Club Caprice, and what the Lore actually says about it, Hope you all find the information provided here useful and beneficial!
Back to top Go down
@Mynameisnobody1

@Mynameisnobody1

Know your Lore, and where to find it! (links and discussions on official CO Lore) Empty
PostSubject: Know Your Lore, And Where To Find It! - Club Caprice   Know your Lore, and where to find it! (links and discussions on official CO Lore) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 10:00 am

Know Your Lore, And Where To Find It!
---Club Caprice---

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy....We must be cautious." - Obi-wan Kenobi, Star Wars Episode IV

Where do I even begin with this one?
With this link: http://championsonlineroleplayers.shivtr.com/forum_threads/1564161

*If anyone can provide a link, or a screenshot of the loading screen mentioning the Club Caprice bouncers, it would be greatly appreciated!*

Things to Note! About this information:
 First: Prior to the publishing of the 'sixth revision' mentioned in the initial post in the link above, Cryptic became the owner of the IP for the Champions Universe. This means that the 'sixth revision' version, is Cryptic approved for all intent and purposes.

Okay, so what common claims about Club Caprice does this information disprove?
-The CC Bouncers, how powerful are they *really*: To be fair, they are not pushovers. They are described as, and I quote, "extremely competent personnel ", end quote. This having been said, they are also stated to be, at their best, a group made up of individuals lacking super-powers with the exception of "several" of their members, all of who are stated to have "low-level" Super powers at the most. There is a grand total of about 6-8 Bouncers in total in CC. I think you can see where I am going with this.
-Conclusion/My Opinion: IC, the bouncers are a credible threat and feasibly capable of doing their jobs when against a superpower-less character. That said, the Bouncers are only good for acting as distractions against a medium to high powered character. They buy time for UNITY to show up, that's likely the most they have the muscle to do.
-Club Caprice has a magical 'no combat' spell on it: This is one I've seen people talk about recently in the club, ic and ooc, so I felt I should address it. Yes, the lore does mention safety and security measures implemented into the structure by Dr. Silverback, but no, in no was does that imply or even back up a claim of there being anything even remotely like a "Combat Prevention Aura" being present.

So what does the lore support?
-Who Owns Club Caprice?: Sorry, Its not Joe Martini.
The Owner and creator of Club Caprice is a retired super villain by the name Lewis Fray, who is at the very least in his 80's, having operated as a villain as early as 1950, got caught by a previous Black Mask at some point, and was released in 1985. Club Caprice, opened in 1995.
-Are Villains Supposed to be in the Club?: Surprisingly, Yeah. The fifth edition quoted material makes mentions of civilian rumors and gossip of the club being a meeting place for villains has actually attracted villainous individuals to wander the club because of the rumors about the club. The sixth edition quoted information even ends with 'Socially Accepted villains' being allowed to enter the club.
-Conclusion/My Opinion: To be fair, the kinds of 'Socially acceptable Villains' would most likely be the Foxbat kind, although their are npc patrons who talk as if they have slow-danced with *GROND* in CC, so....the exact meaning on Socially Acceptable may be open to debate based on that.

Going to end this post here, If you have a lore topic you would like to see information provided on, or have any comments or questions about this post, feel free to ask. Hope you all find the information provided here useful and beneficial!
Back to top Go down

Know your Lore, and where to find it! (links and discussions on official CO Lore)
Page 1 of 1